We are thrilled that you've expressed an interest in what we do, thank you.
There are many benefits of practicing Mindfulness, some of which include:
* GREATER SELF-AWARENESS
* KINDNESS, COMPASSION
* PEACEFUL SLEEP
* IMPROVED FOCUS
* A SENSE OF CALM
* TO FLOURISH AND BE JOYFUL
* FACT: DID YOU KNOW THAT PRACTICING MINDFULNESS REGULARLY REDUCES ACTIVITY IN THE BRAIN'S AMYGDALA (FIGHT OR FLIGHT ZONE), MEANING THAT WE BECOME LESS REACTIVE TO CHALLENGING SITUATIONS THAT ARISE AND MORE EMOTIONALLY STABLE. HOW AMAZING IS THAT!
Ciaran Ivanovic founded Mindful Kids in 2017. She is a former Montessori teacher (Montessori Centre International) who is now following her passion of supporting children & young adult's mental well being through the use of mindfulness practices.
She completed a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Foundation course with Michael Chaskalson
(Mindfulness Works in London) and has a diploma (with distinction) in mindfulness for children. Further training includes the Mindfulness in Schools Project, enabling her to teach the
Paws b Mindfulness program in Primary schools.
Read More about Ciaran
I currently offer 1:1 sessions to children & young adults both in and outside the London area. Zoom sessions are also available.
Regular weekly sessions are usually recommended, and last for either 30 or 50 minutes. These sessions are an ideal way to tackle specific areas of concern such as anxiety, low self-esteem, anger issues, lack of focus, and coping with certain types of special needs.
Family sessions and small private groups are also available upon request.
During sessions children are taught breathing techniques, helpful strategies to manage emotions and ways in which to stay focused & present (not worrying about the past or future). All of this is done in a creative and age-appropriate way.
Please get in touch for more information.
I offer two types of engaging and interactive mindfulness workshops:
- one for children in schools -a popular choice for mental health awareness week.
- the other as an online workshop for teachers. This is ideal for staff training days
A typical 2 hour workshop for teachers includes:
-an introduction to mindfulness and the benefits for teachers & children.
-mindfulness for children with SEN
- introducing mindfulness to children (step-by-step)
- creative practices for teachers and children that can be incorporated into the school day
- how to set up a calm corner in your setting
- calming activities to help children focus & feel centred.
- resources /videos included.
Please do get in touch if you would like further information on this.